Thursday, November 25, 2010

Identity

I once thought there are things that are right and some that are wrong. And in many cases my conscience differentiated both. But when I grew up, right & wrong came closer and in many cases both were just the same. Most of those are person specific or situation specific and culturally influenced. Why is it so!!, I was searching for an answer but couldn’t find a perfect one owing to the generation I am part of,. Born in the early 80’s I was forced to believe in many facts and truths that my mom told. Though it was the end of an era of forced teaching, where parents force your decisions in favor of their own thoughts and deeds to achieve something that they couldn't, through their children. We had little choices. But I was lucky to see the near death of such a system of parenting, at least in my family. I was one among those lucky / unlucky to face that. I am not completely against this system the main reason being, helping others to identify which social group you belong to when you copy or imitate your elderly. A simple observation of two people from different communities itself is good enough to identify the society / country from which they are. But then the question of why to maintain different identity, do we need such a cooked differentiation .
May be culture starts here, but in a continuously mixing world how long will you maintain your group identity.

No comments: